Gymnasium in Chambon-Feugerolles
The partial destruction of the gymnasium served as an opportunity to re-consolidate the building program. The resulting cluster at the edge of the river ensures the preservation of the existing park and allows for future extensions.
The facade is conceived as a gradual transformation from a horizontal base of plant creepers at the bottom towards expanded metal skin interacting with the sunlight at the top, giving the illusion of the building mass disappearing under the hilly backdrop.
- Project ownership :Ville du Chambon Feugerolles
- Localisation: Chambon-Feugerolles (France 42)
- Amount excluding tax: n/a
- Representative: Archipente
- Mission : Competition
- Competition: 2010
- Surface area: 2800m²
- Environnemental: wood building BBC